Okay, let’s be under no illusions. I know, straight up, these are not healthy. But they’re bloody good, they’re quick and easy and they’re a great tray of something to take to a brunch. Who am I kidding, the full tray never makes it to brunch! Make with caution!
375ml warm water
Pinch of caster sugar
2 teaspoons dried yeast
600g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1 teaspoon salt
60ml olive oil, plus extra for brushing
¼ cup butter, softened to room temp
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
4 tablespoon butter, melted
5.5 ounces cream cheese, room temp
¾ cup icing sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy.
3. Add the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pop the yeast mixture and oil in. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
4. Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in the prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to rise for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
5. In a medium bowl, combine cinnamon filling ingredients and blend until it becomes a spreadable paste.
6. Roll out pizza dough until it’s a flat square no more than 2cm thick and spread the filling evenly.
7. Roll the dough back up into a and slice into 12 before putting on a greased baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until the dough is cooked through.
8. In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients to make the cream cheese glaze. Drizzle over the cinnamon roll whilst it’s cooling.