I made this for breakfast one morning during the first weight loss stint and ended up having it everyday for the rest of that week. It’s that good. It’s also super quick and an easy winner for any brunch date. My one alteration would be that I like to pan fry the tomatoes in some garlic first, it adds a bit more to the flavour of them!
Ingredients – Makes 2 servings
280g chopped kale
2 tsp. chopped garlic
¼ cup ricotta
¼ cup crumbled feta
½ tsp lemon rind
4 large eggs
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 180c. Place two small oven safe bowls in the oven as it heats. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
2. Add the kale to the skillet and sauté over medium high until wilted down and soft. Add garlic and a little salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a small mixing bowl stir to combine the ricotta, feta, lemon peel, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. When oven is hot remove bowls and place them on a cookie sheet. Divide the kale in half and fill each bowl with the kale.
5. Make two wells in each bowl of kale and crack an egg into each well (2 eggs per bowl).
6. Divide the cheese mixture in half and dot each kale-egg bowl with the cheese.
7. Bake the eggs for 20 to 25 minutes (until eggs are cooked to your liking and cheese has started to brown).
8. Top the bowls with the tomatoes and EAT!!!
Not my picture, mine came out too dark!